Thursday, March 08, 2012

Lightroom.. and The Age of the Internet

Well.. if you haven't notice what age this is.. I welcome you.
Yesterday, Adobe has release Lightroom 4, its workflow and photo editing software.
Its been highly anticipated by the photo community, including me, who have tried the beta version.
I find the image rendering improvement alone is a significant factor to upgrade from my current LR3.
However... there is just one problem... pricing. Adobe decided to charge international customers more than its US buyers. This pisses a lot of people, moi included. I mean.. what were they thinking ? Do they think we are stupid? Adobe has bright developers, but clearly its management/marketing is not. I don't know what game they are playing, especially after the Photoshop upgrade fiasco. I think they could be the next Kodak.

Recently, I went to the local watch retailer and ask about a model that I fancy. Its quite expensive, so I went home and think about it. Then I browse around and I found the model on Amazon for almost a grand less. Unbelievable! Guess which one I bought from?

No comments: