Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Excited

Ok today I just received Ara Guler's book on Istanbul, which have a special place in my heart.
It is moving to see images of the old city and try to image how it was like to live there.
Speaking of context, date and place will help a lot, if you add a note its even better. Today's camera with GPS and EXIF info is a blessing for photographers.

This week I've also been looking at Boubat, Bresson and Steve McCurry body of work. Most of them is a photojournalist and street-shooter. Great photos I'd say, I even tempted to get Bresson's collection.

And if you are movie lovers, you have to watch King's Speech. Don't worry I'm not going to turn this blog into a movie review site (yet ;)

Anyway, I processed my first roll of film yesterday. Well.. my first serious film photography actually, I've shoot films when I was a kid. Only one frame were successfully shot, and that was with point and shoot!
Sporty Painter, shot on Tri-X

No comments: